Area-I, an Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
What You’ll Do
The Timekeeper supports the Accounting department in fulfilling the responsibilities of the department and the overall goals of the organization. In this position you will be responsible for maintaining, updating, verifying, and monitoring employee hours worked within the Company’s timekeeping systems. You will collaborate with employees across the organization, providing guidance and ensuring the Company’s timekeeping policies are being followed. Routine responsibilities include but are not limited to processing approved timesheets, generating time reports, processing time adjustments, monitoring time charging activity, and reporting on any timesheet irregularities.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-5 years relevant experience in accounting or related field.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Ability to interact with employees and leadership.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and research skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing demands/requests within given time constraints.
- Process a high volume of documents accurately.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel/ Word/ and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Previous ERP system experience preferred (Deltek/SAP/Oracle).
- Managing employee timesheet records for payroll and billing within multiple timekeeping systems.
- Maintaining a strong working knowledge of all company timekeeping practices.
- Maintaining a strong working knowledge of the timekeeping systems used and participate in continuous updates and improvement to the systems.
- Ensuing completeness and accuracy of timesheet records for all employees.
- Importing and exporting data between timekeeping systems and ensure complete and accurate data transfers.
- Entering new employees into the timekeeping system.
- Conducting training and provide guidance to new employees and new timesheet approvers on Area-I timekeeping policies and procedures.
- Entering updates to the timekeeping system for promotions, timesheet approver changes, and terminations.
- Researching, resolving, and responding to employee time and leave questions.
- Reviewing timesheets for errors and follow up with employees for corrections.
- Reviewing time reports and check the systems for irregularities and discrepancies.
- Monitoring employee’s performance against required timekeeping policies and procedures.
- Monitoring employee’s leave time such as PTO, holidays, and LOA.
- Performing and tracking annual timekeeping training for all existing employees.
- Preparing time reports for payroll processing.
- Preparing time reports for review by time approvers, project managers and leadership.
- Updating timekeeping policies and procedures as needed.
- Assisting with internal and external audit request.
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!