Area-I, Inc. is a metro-Atlanta-based company dedicated to proving the impossible possible with the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that launch from host platforms or modular launch systems to enable on-demand mission capabilities otherwise not available. Our platforms are designed to meet the demanding and agile needs of our customers from design, build, test, and ultimate delivery of unique capabilities. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, NOAA, NASA and other defense industry partners.
Working as a Systems Engineer at Area-I, you will be in an environment focused on delivering our capability driven products to our growing customers. In this position you will work with a multi-disciplinary team including engineering, production, flight test, and the customer to manage the project requirements through all stages of the program life cycle. We are looking for candidates experienced with a wide array of responsibilities and flexibility within a multi-disciplinary group.
- Ability to work with ITAR restricted data (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- B.S. (minimum) in Electrical, Computer, Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- 7-10 years relevant industry experience
- Aerospace or defense experience required.
- Experience with ARP-4754 or MIL-STD 499B
- Reviewing requirements and developing derived system and sub-system requirements
- Documenting requirements are traced to verification methods and validation artifacts
- Perform system analysis and interface definition management/ execution
- Perform systems/hardware integration, test planning and execution
- Participate in and coordinate design reviews and technical product reviews
- Leverages proven processes, lessons learned, and best practices from industry
- Work with program planners to update the IMS with updates to integration and test activities
- Retrieve and analyze engineering documents and drawings
- Report to Director of Program Management.
- Enjoy what you do every day.
Qualifications and Skills:
- System trade studies and/or System modeling
- Requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
- System Integration, Test and/or Verification
- Collaborative problem solving to achieve work goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with DOORS, JAMA or other requirements management tool
- Ability to organize, prioritize and simplify complex problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Ability to obtain a US Security Clearance
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer. Area-I does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.