Area-I, Inc., an Anduril Company, Inc. is a metro-Atlanta-based company dedicated to proving the impossible possible with the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that launch from host platforms or modular launch systems to enable on-demand mission capabilities otherwise not available. Our platforms are designed to meet the demanding and agile needs of our customers from design, build, test, and ultimate delivery of unique capabilities. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, NOAA, NASA and other defense industry partners.
The Supply Chain Manager coordinates, organizes, and oversees all activities involved in the identification, acquisition, production, and distribution of the company’s goods.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Defines needs for departmental roles.
- Hires and trains departmental employees.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Maintains required quantity of supplies and materials to optimize production by creating and submitting purchase orders for desired parts and materials with their corresponding vendors.
- Serves as ERP system maintainer for components, BOMs, and materials, along with Vendors and Suppliers.
- Develops and maintains detailed inventories of materials and supplies located in the company and external sites/vendors
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an effective supply chain.
- Analyzes current inventories and procedures; suggests improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and profitability for the company.
- Develops policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety; implements subsequent changes to processes.
- Assesses the need for material-handling equipment and staffing; makes recommendations to ensure efficient loading, unloading, movement, and storage of materials.
- Negotiates prices for raw material and delivery with suppliers, vendors, and/or shipping companies.
- Acts as part of the team coordinating engineering changes, product line extension, or new product launches to ensure timely and orderly material and production flow transitions.
- Works with Quality Department to monitor the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and qualifies new suppliers in collaboration with Quality and Engineering Teams.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or related field required
- Three years of experience as a supervisor, manager, or similar relevant position required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of company products and logistics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer. Area-I does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.