Area-I, an Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
This position will involve working in a team environment on the design, fabrication and flight testing of advanced Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. Area-I is particularly interested in candidates with extra-curricular and practical experience. This position will work with our team of engineers to support design, prototyping and development of various UAV programs. Area-I is currently reviewing Mechanical Engineering and/or Aerospace Engineering student candidates who are available for full-time internship positions for Fall 2022.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Related extracurricular activities
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
- Mechanical design and analysis for UAV and ground systems using hand calculations and FEA
- Hands-on prototyping with 3D printing, machining, composite layups, and more
- Lab testing of new designs and subsystems
- Modeling and simulation of system dynamics
- Aerodynamic, thermal, and vibration analysis
- Design refinement for manufacturing and assembly
- Design documentation & test reports
- 3D CAD design and engineering drawings
- Machining, 3D printing, hand-tools experience
- Composites fabrication experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Experience working within an engineering team
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer. Area-I does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.
In accordance with requirements on Anduril as a federal contractor under Executive Order 14042, new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination or exempt status prior to starting employment.