Area-I, an Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Experienced design engineer with a knack for building things efficiently. Responsible for production-level mechanical design and automation, reducing production cost and time through design and process improvements. A member of the core mechanical engineering team.
- Minimum BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or a related field
- 8+ years relevant industry experience (6+ with masters degree)
- Mechanical design experience including 3D CAD and machine design fundamentals
- Strong understanding of manufacturing and fabrication methods
- Ability to read and create drawings including GD&T (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing) per ASME standards
- Hands-on fabrication, machining, and/or assembly experience
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance
- Refine released designs for producibility and ease of use
- Improve manufacturing and assembly processes
- Introduce automation into production lines
- Provide engineering support to technicians, crew chiefs, quality and production personnel
- Review and approve designs, analyses, and engineering drawings
- Lead continuous improvement projects and teams
- Help develop company mechanical engineering standards and processes
- Provide status reports and supporting documentation
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer. Area-I does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.