Area-I, an Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Experienced mechanical designer with a broad skill set including machine design, basic stress analysis, and GD&T. Serves as a member of the core mechanical engineering team to lead IRAD (internal research and development) projects, and help develop company standards, processes, and resources in mechanical engineering.
- Minimum BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or a related field
- 8+ years relevant industry experience (6+ with MS, 4+ with PhD)
- Expertise in performing and leading others in:
- 3D CAD design, solid and surface modeling
- Machine design fundamentals
- Structural analysis by hand calculations and FEA
- GD&T per ASME standards
- Tolerance analysis
- Design for manufacturing and assembly
- Hands-on fabrication, machining, assembly and/or repair experience desired
- Instrumentation and testing experience desired
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance
- Perform and coach others in all aspects of mechanical design
- Review and approve designs, analyses, and engineering drawings
- Help develop company mechanical engineering standards and processes
- Facilitate shared knowledge among engineers through a web-based design manual
- Lead continuous improvement projects and teams
- Provide status reports and supporting documentation
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer. Area-I does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.