Area-I, an Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta-based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining embedded applications for command and control of unmanned systems. A senior engineer’s responsibilities will be to stand up a software module as the lead developer. Area-I’s software modules range from enhanced mission autonomy (sensor fusion and routing) to software system interoperability (architecture, communications, and devices). These applications will be used in a tactically relevant environment by Area-I’s DoD customers and make meaningful impacts to the warfighter. You and your team will be responsible for developing software for Air-Launched Effects (ALEs), launcher systems, and or payloads in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Proficient in C++, C, C#
- Prior experience with build systems
- Ability to identify and capture requirements
- Generate design prototypes
- Produce robust and testable software
- Knowledge of modern software engineering practices, including Agile methodologies
- Experience with using Git version control
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Familiarity with unmanned systems and robotics
- Knowledge of tactical and simulation data links and protocols (DIS, STANAG 4586, and XML)
- Working knowledge of various communications protocols (especially TCP/IP networking)
- Experience with Docker
- Prior experience with CI/CD
- CMake, Boost
AArea-I is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
Eligibility Dispositions: U.S. Person Status is required as this position needs to access controlled data.