Area-I, an Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta-based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The mechanical technician will be responsible for learning and executing mechanical and electronic assembly processes necessary to manufacture a quality product in a timely manner.
- Minimum 1- 2 years working in manufacturing setting (aerospace, electronics, or medical industry preferred)
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, email, etc.)
- Operate with extreme attention to detail, regardless of task
- Perform required system tests and record quality assurance data with integrity
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Willing to work overtime under tight deadlines
- Must be a team player / maintain positive attitude
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Ability to be on your feet throughout the day
- Ability to multitask with little supervision
- Reliable method of transportation
- Clean background check/ no felonies/ able to acquire secret clearance
- Proficient in the use hand tools (screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, etc.)
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience using various measuring tools (e.g. tape measure, caliper, micrometer, etc.)
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Perform inventory checks and relay accurate data to management
- Experience using small power tools (drill, Dremel, sander, etc.)
- Machine shop/ machining experience (CNC and Manual Mill, Lathe, CNC Router, Bandsaw, Drill Press)
- Fabrication experience
- Light Composites fabrication (repairing holes, cutting plies, patchwork, wet lay-up composites)
- Technical /Associates degree in related technical field
- Experience working with SAE certified QMS or working in AS 9100/ ISO 9001 certified facility
- RC Hobbyists and Enthusiasts strongly considered (please communicate this on resume)
- Light electronics troubleshooting/ Soldering experience a plus
- Six Sigma/ LEAN Manufacturing experience/training a plus
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
Eligibility Dispositions: U.S. Person Status is required as this position needs to access controlled data.