Area-I, an Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Quality Technician will be responsible for learning and executing inspection processes necessary to ensure a quality product in a timely manner.
- Experience with metrology equipment (calipers, micrometers, CMM etc.)
- Experience reading and interpreting drawings
- GD&T knowledge, understanding dimension and tolerancing
- Experience in a facility with AS9100, ISO9001, IATF 16949 or similar QMS standard.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance
- Monitoring and analyzing quality performance.
- Inspecting materials, equipment, processes, and products to ensure quality specifications are met.
- Investigating and troubleshooting product or production issues.
- Implementing corrective actions, solutions, and improvements.
- Implementing standards, specifications, and processes.
- Validating tools and equipment
- Technical or Associates degree in related quality/mechanical/aerospace engineering a plus
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience using various measuring tools (e.g. tape measure, caliper, micrometer, etc.)
- Experience using small power tools (drill, Dremel, sander, etc.)
- Experience with Manufacturing processes
- Experience with machining and mechanical assembly
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer. Area-I does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.