Area-I, an Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta-based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for developing and executing the quality processes necessary to ensure a quality product in a timely manner.
- Experience reading and interpreting drawings
- GD&T knowledge, understanding dimension and tolerancing
- Degree in quality, aerospace, or mechanical engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in quality engineering, quality assurance, or a similar role.
- Root Cause analysis experience
- Experience using metrology equipment (calipers, micrometers, CMM etc…)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Developing and implementing quality standards.
- Developing and implementing quality control systems and processes.
- Monitoring and analyzing quality performance.
- Inspecting materials, equipment, processes, and products to ensure quality specifications are met.
- Collaborating with operations managers to develop and implement controls and improvements.
- Investigating and troubleshooting product or production issues.
- Developing corrective actions, solutions, and improvements.
- Reviewing standards, specifications, and processes.
- Creating and performing validations for tools and equipment.
- Experience using small power tools (drill, Dremel, sander, etc.)
- Experience with Manufacturing processes
- Experience with machining and mechanical assembly
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
Eligibility Dispositions: Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance