Area-I, an Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As a Purchasing Agent you will be responsible for the full cycle of purchasing, receiving, and shipping goods to support the operations of Area-I. The desired candidate will work alongside our purchasing team to ensure all purchase requisitions are approved and processed, and the goods are received in a timely manner. This position will also be responsible for coordinating and processing shipping requests related to customer orders and Aera-I operations. This individual must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as this role interacts with many stakeholders of the business including internal departments, vendors, and customers. This position requires the highest ethical standards, strong organization skills, high attention to detail, and the ability to work with a team.
- Research, monitor, and evaluate suppliers, based on price, quality, service, support, availability, reliability, and the supplier’s reputation and history.
- Review requisition orders to verify accuracy, specifications, and approvals.
- Set up new vendors in the company’s ERP system.
- Review product specifications and maintain high-level technical knowledge of the goods or services to be purchased.
- Process requisitions and create purchase orders in the company’s ERP system.
- Monitor open purchase orders and shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, and resolve problems related to undelivered goods or changes that will affect orders.
- Match receiving records, purchase orders and invoices upon receipt and confirm accuracy of counts and pricing across all documents.
- Identify and resolve any discrepancies between vendor invoiced pricing and purchase order pricing.
- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Input invoices into accounting system on a timely basis.
- Create new property records in the company’s asset management software. Print and affix property tags as needed.
- Maintain purchasing documents and records.
- Assist in maintaining property accountability records and conduct physical inventories.
- Follow procurement policies and provide solutions to drive continuous improvement for the organization by identifying and researching areas of opportunity and implementing solutions.
- Contribute to team effort by assisting with additional tasks as needed.
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (or applicable field).
- Related work experience not required, but 1-2 years’ experience in purchasing, supply chain, or customer service is a plus.
- Solid working knowledge of MS Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Strong organizational, financial, and analytical skills.
- Very high level of accuracy and attention to detail coupled with excellent follow through capabilities.
- Highest ethical standards.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance.
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer. Area-I does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.