Area-I, an Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta-based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Working as a Program Manager at Area-I, you will be leading a team focused on delivering our capability-driven products to our growing customers. In this position you will work with a multi-disciplinary environment including engineering, production, flight test, and the customer to define, execute, and communicate the status of the program through all stages of the program life cycle. We are looking for candidates experienced with a wide array of responsibilities and flexibility within a multi-disciplinary group. Past and current customers include the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, NOAA, NASA, and other defense industry partners.
- B.S. (minimum) in Electrical, Computer, Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years relevant industry experience
- CAPM or PMP certification a plus
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Lead team to develop solutions to complex, time sensitive problems.
- Maintain customer relationship with timely, accurate, and meaningful communications.
- Creation of project proposals, program plans, reports, and process documentation.
- Use industry best practices for program management, including cost, schedule, and risks.
- Communicate to Area-I senior leadership, current and potential customers on program status
- Report to Director of Program Management.
- Enjoy what you do every day.
- Proven experience leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams to successful completion of projects.
- Unmanned systems or related engineering or operational experience required.
- Collaborative problem solving to achieve work goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Project or equivalent project management software
- Ability to organize, prioritize and simplify complex problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
Eligibility Dispositions: U.S. Person Status is required as this position needs to access controlled data.