Area-I, Inc. is a metro-Atlanta-based company dedicated to proving the impossible possible with the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that launch from host platforms or modular launch systems to enable on-demand mission capabilities otherwise not available. Our platforms are designed to meet the demanding and agile needs of our customers from design, build, test, and ultimate delivery of unique capabilities. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, NOAA, NASA and other defense industry partners.
Working as a Program Manager at Area-I, you will be leading a team focused on delivering our capability driven products to our growing customers. In this position you will work with a multi-disciplinary environment including engineering, production, flight test, and the customer to define, execute, and communicate the status of the program through all stages of the program life cycle. We are looking for candidates experienced with a wide array of responsibilities and flexibility within a multi-disciplinary group. Past and current customers include the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, NOAA, NASA and other defense industry partners.
- Ability to immediately obtain a U.S. Secret-Level or greater Security Clearance.
- Applications that do no specifically state citizenship status will NOT be reviewed.
- B.S. (minimum) in Electrical, Computer, Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years relevant industry experience
- CAPM or PMP certification a plus
- Lead team to develop solutions to complex, time sensitive problems.
- Maintain customer relationship with timely, accurate, and meaningful communications.
- Creation of project proposals, program plans, reports, and process documentation.
- Use industry best practices for program management, including cost, schedule, and risks.
- Communicate to Area-I senior leadership, current and potential customers on program status
- Report to Director of Program Management.
- Enjoy what you do every day.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven experience leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams to successful completion of projects.
- Unmanned systems or related engineering or operational experience required.
- Collaborative problem solving to achieve work goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Project or equivalent project management software
- Ability to organize, prioritize and simplify complex problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Ability to obtain a US Security Clearance
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer. Area-I does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.