Area-I, Inc. is a metro-Atlanta-based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
The Process Engineer will be responsible for creating, improving, implementing, and maintaining manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of typical manufacturing processes
- GD&T knowledge, understanding dimension and tolerancing
- Degree in quality, aerospace, or mechanical engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in quality engineering, quality assurance, manufacturing engineering, continuous improvement in a manufacturing setting.
- Root Cause analysis experience
- Six Sigma/ LEAN manufacturing experience.
- Implementing continuous improvement methodology to solve complex problems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience in a facility with AS9100, ISO9001, IATF 16949 or similar QMS standard.
- Developing and implementing standard processes.
- Monitoring and analyzing quality performance.
- Working with materials, equipment, processes, and products to ensure quality specifications are met.
- Collaborating with operations managers to develop and implement controls and improvements.
- Investigating and troubleshooting product or production issues.
- Developing corrective actions, solutions, and improvements.
- Reviewing standards, specifications, and processes.
- Creating and performing validations for tools and equipment.
- Experience using small power tools (drill, Dremel, sander, etc.)
- Experience with Manufacturing processes
- Experience with machining and mechanical assembly
- 1- 2 years working in manufacturing setting (aerospace, electronics, or medical industry preferred)
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, email, etc.)
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Willing to work overtime under tight deadlines
- Must be a team player / maintain positive attitude
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Ability to be on your feet throughout the day
- Ability to multitask with little supervision
- Reliable method of transportation
- Clean background check/ no felonies/ able to acquire government clearance if required
- Experience assembling small mechanical /electrical assemblies
- Perform required system tests and record quality assurance data
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer. Area-I does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.