Area-I, Inc. is a metro-Atlanta-based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
The Launch Systems Product Manager will be the technical lead and manager for Area-I’s current launch systems (ARRC, PILS, PILSlite, YEET). This person will be responsible for the design, BOMs, training, improvements, documentation, and management of our launch systems. This person should have a mechanical engineering background and be willing to invest in this growing business line.
• Minimum B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
• Experience with one of the following launch systems: ARRC, PILS, PILSlite, YEET
• Maintain current product lines
• Develop manuals and technical specification materials
• Component design and prototyping
• System and sub-system design, modeling, and prototyping
• Structural analysis with hand calculation and FEA analysis
• Project management including leading a team and providing guidance
• Design for manufacturing and production
• Production drawings applying and interpreting Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Provide status reports and support documentation
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer. Area-I does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.