Area-I, an Anduril Company, is a metro-Atlanta-based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are seeking an energetic, people-oriented Payroll/Benefits Specialist for our highly-collaborative office. Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, you would help assure the smooth and accurate delivery of our most essential employee services. As our payroll superstar, you would thrive on delivering results in a fast-paced environment. If you have a stellar attention to detail and a passion for customer service, we want to hear from you!
- BS degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or relevant field.
- Must have at least 5 years of multi-state payroll processing and benefit administration experience.
- SHRM, CPP or APA Certification or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment.
- Knowledge of federal and state labor and payroll laws and regulations.
- Strong Excel skills: Pivot Table, V-Lookups, filters, etc.
- Strong Customer Service focus and sense of collaboration
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Payroll/ Time & Attendance
- Prepare and process staff semi-monthly payroll using Rippling and semi-monthly timesheet process using DelTek
- Assist with payroll and tax related journal entries to accounting system; assist accounting in reconciling monthly bank statements for payroll-related transactions
- Track and record employee information, payroll, and benefits changes throughout the employee life cycle and notify the finance team, as appropriate
- Ensure confidential data integrity and respond to employee questions related to earnings, taxes, and deductions
- Manage year-end calendar process including verifying process schedule with payroll vendor, verifying master file information with employees, calculating, and processing bonus payrolls, and verifying and distributing W-2 and 1095 forms
- Stay up to date with federal, DC, and state employment laws as it relates to payroll; recommend and implement changes as needed
- Administer benefits and serving as primary contact with providers (including group health, disability and life), workers’ compensation, unemployment, and company retirement plans
- In collaboration with the Chief Financial Officer and Director of Human Resources evaluate, administer, and review the full array of employee benefit programs inclusive of health, life, disability, 401K, to ensure programs are current and in compliance with legal requirements
- Act as primary point of contact and partner in executing the annual benefits open enrollment process, annual review and bidding process for plans, and benefits planning.
- Administer workers compensation, FMLA, and ADA programs.
- Reconcile benefits statements, code, and approve for payment; create journal entry for general ledger; assist accounting in reconciling monthly bank statements for benefit-related transactions
- Serve as liaison with 401(k), provide plan communications and education to employees, complete required compliance data for annual testing
- Facilitate trainings on benefits, payroll, and HR programs as needed
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!