Area-I, an Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The payload systems technology engineer is responsible for understanding the interactions between payloads and the aircraft subsystems to participate in aircraft system design cycles and testing. This role involves embedding with project engineering teams to provide subject matter expertise to design impacts on the entire aircraft system and for the testing and implementation of new payloads. This position is expected to be very hands-on with design cycles from concept through bench testing and flight testing.
- B.S in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, or related background
- Strong understanding of software and avionics components and their interactions
- Relevant experience in sensor or effector systems and how they interact with computers and networks.
- Experience with autonomous systems
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance
- Act as a resource and subject matter expert for program payload integration efforts.
- Maintain aircraft payload systems architecture.
- Maintain implementation, test, ICD documentation for vehicle systems.
- Identify new technology, hardware, or software to improve Area-I aircraft systems.
- Perform bench and integration testing on new systems.
- Flight test engineering, data collection, experiment design, data processing
- Update simulation environment or provide qualitative/quantitative simulation environment data for simulation team.
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer. Area-I does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.