Area-I, Inc. is a metro-Atlanta-based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
This position will involve working in a team environment on the design, fabrication, prototyping, and flight testing of advanced Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and launch systems.
- Ability to quickly obtain a US Security Clearance
- 0-5 years relevant industry experience
- Minimum B.S. in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Component design and prototyping
- System and sub-system design, modeling, and prototyping
- Structural analysis with hand calculation and FEA analysis
- Design for manufacturing and production
- Production drawings applying and interpreting Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Provide status reports and support documentation
Qualifications and skills in any of the following:
- 3D Design and FEA experience (Solidworks desired)
- Composites fabrication experience
- Experience with common hand tools
- Familiarity with machine shop tools such as a lathe, mill, etc.
Area-I, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.