Area-I, an Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
This position will involve working in a team environment on the design, fabrication, prototyping, and flight testing of advanced Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and launch systems.
- 0-5 years relevant industry experience
- Minimum B.S. in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 3D Design and FEA experience (Solidworks desired)
- Composites fabrication experience
- Experience with common hand tools
- Familiarity with machine shop tools such as a lathe, mill, etc.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance
- Component design and prototyping
- System and sub-system design, modeling, and prototyping
- Structural analysis with hand calculation and FEA analysis
- Design for manufacturing and production
- Production drawings applying and interpreting Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Provide status reports and support documentation
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer. Area-I does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.