Area-I, an Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
What YOU’LL DO:
- This position will involve working in a team environment on the design and manufacturing methods of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and launch systems.
- Component and assembly-level design and prototyping
- Hands-on design and prototyping for manufacturability and automation
- Production drawings applying and interpreting Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Work with process engineers and production personnel to streamline production flow
- Provide engineering support to the production team to resolve issues and non-conformances
- Create and maintain reports and documentation
- 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Minimum BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or a related field
- Mechanical design experience including 3D CAD and machine design fundamentals
- Strong understanding of manufacturing and fabrication methods
- Ability to read and create drawings including GD&T per ASME standards
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. security clearance
- Hands-on fabrication, machining, and/or assembly experience
- Experience in a production environment, automation is a plus
- Familiarity with AS9100/ISO9001 quality systems
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer. Area-I does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.
In accordance with requirements on Anduril as a federal contractor under Executive Order 14042, new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination or exempt status prior to starting employment.