Area-I, Inc., an Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As a Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for preserving the excellent condition and functionality of our business premises and equipment. The desired candidate will be a jack-of-all-trades, with in-depth knowledge of maintenance procedures, hydraulic systems, and tools. Your duties will include conducting quality assessments, scheduling repairs, maintaining inventory, and developing preventative maintenance procedures. To excel in this position, you must be an outstanding problem-solver with exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- 2-3 years working in a shop or construction setting
- 2-3 years’ experience with hand & power tools
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, email, etc.)
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Willing to work overtime under tight deadlines
- Must be a team player / maintain positive attitude
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Ability to be on your feet throughout the day
- Ability to multitask with little supervision
- Reliable method of transportation
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance
- Inspect buildings, equipment, and systems to identify any issues.
- Repair faulty equipment
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance procedures.
- Plan and schedule repairs.
- Conduct periodic quality checks on equipment and systems to ensure everything is up to standard.
- Perform general maintenance tasks such as carpentry and electrical.
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience disassembling and reassembling, equipment, trucks, & Trailers.
- Experience using various measuring tools (e.g. tape measure, caliper, micrometer, etc.)
- Experience using small power tools (drill, Dremel, sander, etc.)
- RC Hobbyists and Enthusiasts encouraged to apply
- Machine shop experience a plus
- Soldering experience, a plus
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer. Area-I does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.