Area-I, Inc. is a metro-Atlanta based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- This position will involve contributing to and leading in a team environment on the design, fabrication, prototyping, and flight testing of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and launch systems.
- Perform and coach others in all aspects of mechanical design
- Component and assembly-level design and prototyping
- System and sub-system design, modeling, and prototyping
- Production drawings applying and interpreting Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Review and approve designs, analyses, and engineering drawings
- Minimum BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Expertise in performing and leading others in:
- 3D CAD design, solid and surface modeling
- Machine design fundamentals
- Structural analysis by hand calculations and FEA
- GD&T per ASME standards
- Tolerance analysis
- Design for manufacturing and assembly
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. security clearance
- Hands-on fabrication, machining, assembly and/or repair experience
- Instrumentation and testing experience
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer. Area-I does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.
In accordance with requirements on Anduril as a federal contractor under Executive Order 14042, new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination or exempt status prior to starting employment.