Area-I, Inc. is a metro-Atlanta-based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
Position Summary: The Inventory Specialist will champion inventory accuracy in Area-I’s ERP system. This includes converting engineering bills of material to manufacturing bills of material as well as managing the implementation of engineering changes to minimize obsolescence and production downtime. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that transactions in the ERP system match the physical movement of parts and will lead cycle counting efforts, investigating and resolving the root cause of inventory discrepancies as they arise. This role will be responsible for determining the inventory strategies for production components. Key performance indicators will include maintaining accurate inventory records, minimizing obsolescence, and executing inventory strategies that support company goals.
- 3-5 years working in a manufacturing setting (aerospace, automotive, electronics, or medical industry preferred)
- Strong experience with ERP systems (Oracle, SAP, etc.)
- Possess an understanding of material master data, bills of material, engineering change control and warehouse management
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to perform root cause analysis
- Ability to develop and implement new Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Willingness to work overtime under tight deadlines
- Must be a team player / maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to be on your feet throughout the day
- Ability to multitask with little supervision
- Convert engineering bills of materials to manufacturing bills of material prior to upload into the ERP system
- Set inventory management strategies for production parts that align with organizational goals
- Develop and oversee a cycle counting strategy that ensures the highest level of inventory accuracy
- Manage the implementation of engineering changes to reduce the risks of obsolescence and production downtime
- Analyze and resolve inventory-related error messages in the ERP system
- Propose, investigate, and execute cost-saving initiatives to reduce overall inventory or production costs as they pertain to inventory
- Develop and report out key inventory metrics to management
- Collaborate with material handling and purchasing to ensure the stream of production components
- Create and document new processes in the form of Standard Operating procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business administration, or data analytics
- Familiarity with warehouse management and material flow engineering
- Experience working in a new model launch or start-up environments
- Experience with lean manufacturing six sigma and/or Toyota Production System concepts
- Experience with handling government property under the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
Eligibility Disposition: U.S. Person Status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data.