Area-I, Inc. is a metro-Atlanta-based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
We are looking for a skilled Human Resources Manager who will ensure that Human Resources objectives are aligned with business strategic goals through effective employee relations, compensation, staffing, training, organizational development, safety and change management strategies. Fosters employee involvement at all levels, supports and provides employee development opportunities and contributes towards employee long-term job satisfaction and success.
****U.S. Citizenship is a REQUIREMENT (Resumes from non-citizens will not be reviewed).****
- In-depth knowledge of federal and state employment laws and other government compliance regulations
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Implement and revise onboarding plans
- Employee orientation, training and development
- Assist and schedule performance management processes
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Maintain employee records such as attendance, reviews, qualifications, etc. according to policy and legal requirements
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, placing ads, selecting, vetting, and hiring candidates
- Provide counseling on policies, practices and procedures and ensure all processes within the human resources department are compliant with both internal policies and legal guidelines
- Reviewing and administering employee-benefit programs
- Risk Management, including workers’ compensation, dispute resolution, safety inspection, office policies and handbooks
- Promote and work as a team member with all departments to build continual improvements
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, or Related field.
- 4+ years of human resource experience in all functional areas of Human Resource.
- PHR, or other Human Resource Certification preferred.
- Working knowledge in all areas pertinent to the management of all HR functions including employment law, recruiting, compensation, employee involvement, EEO/AAP, safety training and policy development. Must have effective counseling skills in areas of performance and behavioral problems, conflict resolution and career development. Must be able to handle matters in a discrete and confidential manner. Must be able to communicate with all levels of employees effectively.
The company provides full benefits that include medical, dental, vision, SEP-IRA retirement plan, paid time off, paid holidays, paid life insurance and a long-term disability plan.
Area-I, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.