Area-I, Inc. is a metro-Atlanta-based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
Ability to immediately obtain a U.S. Secret-Level or greater Security Clearance.
Applications that do not specifically state citizenship status will NOT be reviewed.
Working as a Guidance, Navigation, and Control Engineer at Area-I, you will be an integral team member focused on developing novel strategies for mission autonomy and control of unmanned vehicles. The person in this position will work as part of a team to develop guidance and navigation capabilities for multiple mission requirements including aircraft control, mission execution, and sensor guided mission sets. We are looking for candidates willing to work in teams with a wide array of responsibilities and flexibility within a multi-disciplinary group. Past and current customers include the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, NOAA, NASA and other defense industry partners.
- Design, develop, implement, verify and test algorithms to perform guidance navigation and control of unmanned vehicles.
- Code and test software based upon software specifications.
- Support software development using formal specifications, data flow diagrams and other accepted design techniques.
- Provide status reports and support documentation.
- Analyze performance and requirements for unmanned aircraft autonomy systems.
- Work with program managers to identify requirements and meet those requirements on schedule for highly visible corporate initiatives.
- Proven experience using MATLAB and/or Simulink for simulations, analysis of feedback control systems, closed loop guidance, or navigation algorithms.
- MATLAB, Simulink, or C++ experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
Area-I, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.