Area-I, an Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta-based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Guidance, Navigation, and Controls Engineer at Area-I will develop algorithms, simulations, and software for deployment on our unmanned aircraft systems. These algorithms include both vehicle control for mission performance as well as autonomy and path-planning capabilities for larger, multi-vehicle mission autonomy systems. GNC applicants are also encouraged to apply to the Simulation Developer position.
- BS in Aerospace Engineering, Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical engineering, or related field, with a focus on dynamics and control.
- Experience with: Aircraft platforms, flight dynamics, stability, and control.
- Classical guidance laws and control strategies for aircraft and other systems. Familiarization with 6-DOF simulations Experience with flight testing and data analysis.
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and able to perform duties autonomously without supervision.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Guidance, Navigation, and Controls Engineers apply guidance and control techniques to enable desired mission behaviors.
- Develop techniques to solve the difficult challenges associated with autonomous platforms.
- Develop simulations to test guidance and control architectures before progressing to flight testing and finally deployed products.
- MS or PhD in Aerospace Engineering, Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Missile intercept terminal guidance laws
- Flight control design and analysis for fixed wing aircraft
- Linear and non-linear control analysis for modern control techniques
- Create, own, and maintain 6-DOF simulations for Monte Carlo simulation
- Navigation systems for township estimation
- Onboard seekers and sensors for target and object detection
- C++ proficiency
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
Eligibility Dispositions: U.S. Person Status is required as this position needs to access controlled data.