Area-I, an Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Android Developer is responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining internal developed User Interfaces (UIs) and applications. Primarily these UIs will be used in a tactically relevant environment by Area-I’s DoD customers. You will meet with senior engineers at Area-I regularly to ensure the UI meets all user requirements.
- Proficient in Java
- Ability to build an intuitive User Interface (UI) including:
- Ability to identify and capture requirements
- Generate design prototypes
- Produce robust and testable software
- Knowledge of modern software engineering practices, including Agile methodologies
- Experience with using Git version control
- B.S degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance
- Familiarity with ATAK, TAK Server, and WinTAK
- Knowledge of tactical and simulation data links and protocols (DIS, VMF, STANAG 4586, and XML).
- Experience in C++/C#
- Experience working with Microsoft Visual Studio 2017/2019
- Create user-friendly unmanned aerial vehicle command and control interfaces
- Maintain and improve current UI plugins
- Support customer and internal APIs
- Design mobile-based features
- Collaborate with back-end developers to improve usability
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for users (operators and customers)
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Ensure high-quality graphic standards and brand consistency
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer. Area-I does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.