Area-I, Inc., an Anduril Company, Inc. is a metro-Atlanta-based company dedicated to proving the impossible possible with the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that launch from host platforms or modular launch systems to enable on-demand mission capabilities otherwise not available. Our platforms are designed to meet the demanding and agile needs of our customers from design, build, test, and ultimate delivery of unique capabilities. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, NOAA, NASA and other defense industry partners.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
This position involves working in a team environment to conduct the final CST (Complete Systems Test) of all independent systems on Area-I ships to guarantee successful test operations on location. The position of Flight Systems Technician allows for room to grow as the company expands based on the candidates willingness to learn and adaptability to the wide array of responsibilities this position may hold.
- Ability to immediately obtain a U.S. Secret-Level or greater Security Clearance.
- Applications that do no specifically state citizenship status will NOT be reviewed.
- Technical or associate degree in Aerospace/ UAS related field with hands on experience working with UAS/UAV (Crew Chief, Maintainer, or A&P)5+ years relevant industry experience
- Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer with Hands on aerospace experience (RC Hobby, SAE Aero, Design Build Fly team)
- Equivalent military experience as UAS/UAV Operator, Maintenance, Crew Chief, or Technician
- Strong understanding of aircraft systems and sensors
- Familiarity with basic networking concepts
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Detail oriented / strong organizational Skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Soldering experience (at a hobby level, J-STD certification, or professional experience)
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Perform required system tests and record quality assurance data
- Communicate and elevate system abnormalities to production manager and product development team
- Comfortably communicate and interact with all employees of the business from Interns to CEO
- Preserve a hospitable work environment
- Ability of lift 30 lbs.
- Ability to be on your feet throughout the day
- Ability to multitask with little supervision
- Ability to work in high pressure situations
- Reliable method of transportation
- Clean background check (No Felonies)
- Read and interpret technical drawing and schematics
- Assembling small mechanical/electrical components
- Assemble aircraft and sub-systems
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical issues (identify cold solder joints, bad crimps, faulty connections, etc.)
- Complete Preflight Checklists
- Complete Postflight inspections and identify list of repairs
- Become proficient in ground station software
- Maintenance of process/ checklists inefficiencies
- Final say of aircraft airworthiness
- In-field repairs and modifications
- Subassembly/Component replacement
- Aircraft Troubleshooting
- Previous military experience with UAS operations as ground station operator, maintenance, or similar is preferred
- Applicable Military Occupational Specialty Codes:
- 7314 – UAV Operator
- 6314 – UAV Maintainer
- 6531 / 6541 – Aviation Ordinance
- 63XX – Avionics
- 15W – UAV Operator
- 15E – UAV Maintainer
- 15N – Avionics
- 8361 / 8362 / 8363 / 8364 UAV Operators
- 2A6X6 – Aircraft Electronics and Environmental Technicians
- 2A7X3 – Structural Technician
- Machining experience – CNC Mill, Manual Mill, Lathe, CNC Router, etc.
- Composite Repair and/or Fabrication
- Familiarity with 3-D Modeling (Solidworks, NX, Creo, Fusion360, etc.)
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer. Area-I does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.
In accordance with requirements on Anduril as a federal contractor under Executive Order 14042, new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination or exempt status prior to starting employment.