Area-I, Inc., an Anduril Company, Inc. is a metro-Atlanta-based company dedicated to proving the impossible possible with the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that launch from host platforms or modular launch systems to enable on-demand mission capabilities otherwise not available. Our platforms are designed to meet the demanding and agile needs of our customers from design, build, test, and ultimate delivery of unique capabilities. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, NOAA, NASA, and other defense industry partners.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
This position involves working in a team environment to conduct the final CST (Complete Systems Test) of all independent systems on Area-I ships to guarantee successful test operations on location. The position of Flight Systems Technician allows for room to grow as the company expands based on the willingness to learn and adaptability to the wide array of responsibilities this position may hold.
- Ability to immediately obtain a U.S. Secret-Level or greater Security Clearance.
- Applications that do no specifically state citizenship status will NOT be reviewed.
- Technical or associate degree in Aerospace/ UAS related field with hands on experience working with UAS/UAV (Crew Chief, Maintainer, or A&P)5+ years relevant industry experience
- Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer with Hands on aerospace experience (RC Hobby, SAE Aero, Design Build Fly team)
- Equivalent military experience as UAS/UAV Operator, Maintenance, Crew Chief, or Technician
- Strong understanding of aircraft systems and sensors
- Familiarity with basic networking concepts
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Detail oriented / strong organizational Skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Soldering experience (at a hobby level, J-STD certification, or professional experience)
- Perform required system tests and record quality assurance data
- Communicate and elevate system abnormalities to production manager and product development team
- Comfortably communicate and interact with all employees of the business from Interns to CEO
- Preserve a hospitable work environment
- Read and interpret technical drawing and schematics
- Assembling small mechanical/electrical components
- Assemble aircraft and sub-systems
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical issues (identify cold solder joints, bad crimps, faulty connections, etc.)
- Complete Preflight Checklists
- Complete Post-flight inspections and identify list of repairs
- Become proficient in ground station software
- Maintenance of process/ checklists inefficiencies
- Final say of aircraft airworthiness
- In-field repairs and modifications
- Composite and Electrical experience
- Subassembly/Component replacement
- Aircraft Troubleshooting
- Machining experience – CNC Mill, Manual Mill, Lathe, CNC Router, etc.
- Composite Repair and/or Fabrication
- Familiarity with 3-D Modeling (SolidWorks, NX, Creo, Fusion360, etc.)
- U.S. Person Status is required as this position needs to access controlled data
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!