Area-I, Inc., An Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta-based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Flight Software – Simulation Developer is responsible for maintaining and updating Area-I’s in-house simulation environments used to analyze aircraft, mission, and autopilot performance. This role requires a strong understanding of vehicle dynamics and equations of motion. This role involves embedding with project engineering teams to provide subject matter expertise to design impacts on aircraft and mission performance through simulation evaluation. The role also includes flight test data analysis and simulation performance verification with flight data.
- BS in Aerospace Engineering, Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical engineering, or related field, with a focus on vehicle dynamics
- Experience with: Aircraft platforms, flight dynamics, 6DOF simulations and subsystem component modeling
- Experience with flight testing and data analysis
- Experience with C++ and/or Fortran
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Maintain and update simulation environment codebase.
- Develop simulations to test guidance and control architectures before progressing to flight testing and finally deployed products.
- Develop and analyze Monte Carlo simulations
- Analyze flight test data.
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
Eligibility Dispositions: U.S. Person Status is required as this position needs to access controlled data.