Area-I, an Anduril company, is a Metro-Atlanta-based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Flight Sciences Engineer – Aircraft Performance position is responsible for predicting and analyzing aircraft, autopilot, and mission performance in support of product and program development teams. This role requires a strong understanding of aircraft design, vehicle dynamics, equations of motion, and the physics of flight. Engineers in this role will predict the performance of new vehicle concepts, quantify the effect of changes to existing designs including payload integrations, identify potential improvements of existing designs, create simulation models, and run Monte-Carlo and full software-in-the-loop simulation scenarios. The role also includes the analysis of flight test data as compared to predictions and simulation performance verification with flight data.
- Minimum BS in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical engineering, or related field, with a focus on vehicle dynamics
- Experience with: Aircraft design and analysis, flight dynamics, 6DOF simulations and subsystem component modelling
- Experience with flight testing and data analysis
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Aircraft design analysis and modelling
- Analyze simulation and flight test performance data against requirements
- Maintain and update simulation environment and models
- Develop simulations to test guidance and control architectures before progressing to flight testing and finally deployed products.
- Develop and analyze Monte Carlo simulations
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
Eligibility Disposition: U.S. Person Status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data.