Area-I, Inc. is a Metro-Atlanta based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a firmware engineer at Area-I, you will be an integral contributor focused on developing embedded firmware unmanned aerial vehicles and stores management solutions. This position will involve close interaction with the hardware team during the design, testing, and production of new and existing products. The person in this position will work as part of a team to develop capabilities serving multiple mission requirements including aircraft control, payload sensor integration and auxiliary system capabilities. We are looking for candidates willing to work in teams with a wide array of responsibilities and flexibility within a multi-disciplinary group.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Robotics, Computer Science, Mechanical engineering, or related field
- Preferred experience with: Aircraft platforms, munitions, stores management, DoD systems
- Preferred experience with: ARM Cortex M3/M4, Freescale chipsets, MCUXpresso IDE
- Experience with C/C++
- Demonstrated skills in technical areas including technical firmware/software development support for writing, testing and troubleshooting applications/devices in accordance with accepted design techniques
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. security clearance.
- Use sound software engineering principles to ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, and fault tolerant.
- Code and test software based upon software specifications
- Support software development using formal specifications, data flow diagrams and other accepted design techniques
- Provide status reports and support documentation
- Work with program managers to identify requirements and deliver products on schedule for highly visible initiatives.