Area-I, Inc. is a metro-Atlanta-based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
This position will involve working in a team environment on the design, fabrication and flight testing of advanced Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. Area-I is particularly interested in candidates with extra-curricular and practical experience. This position will work with our team of engineers to support design, prototyping and development of various UAV programs. Area-I is currently reviewing Mechanical Engineering and/or Aerospace Engineering student candidates who are available for full-time internship positions for Fall 2021. Ability to immediately obtain a U.S. Secret-Level or greater Security Clearance. Applications that do not specifically state citizenship status will NOT be reviewed.
- Ability to immediately obtain a U.S. Secret-Level or greater Security Clearance.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA and/or related extracurricular activities
- UAV design, optimization, and flight testing
- UAV fabrication, system integration, and lab testing
- Provide status reports and support documentation
- Flight testing support
Qualifications or Experience in any of the following:
- 3D design and FEA experience
- Assembly/Fabrication experience
- Flight dynamics and controls
- Composites fabrication experience
- Electronics Assembly/Fabrication
- Circuit Design and Prototyping
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Soldering and Wiring
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer. Area-I does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.