Area-I, an Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
This position primarily involves working in a team environment to develop, test, harden, and deploy on-board navigation, flight management, and communications systems for Area-I’s unmanned platforms. This will demand identification and specification of requirements, risks, costs, and alternatives, as well as the ability to transform those requirements into reliable and reusable software through synthetic testing and flight tests. Some of the areas involved in both our common platform functionality and in various mission requirements are guidance navigation and control, payload sensor integration, communications, electro-mechanical systems control, and end-user interaction through GUIs. New employees will work with a wide variety of domain experts with a shifting range of responsibilities and must be ready to identify and tackle issues as they arise.
- B.S. (minimum) in Electrical, Computer, Aerospace, or Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- 0-5 years relevant industry experience
- C++ experience required
- Other experience with C-like languages or systems programming languages is a plus
- Prior experience with defense/government projects desired but not mandatory
- Experience working in Linux embedded environments as well as with cross-platform tools such as Qt is relevant and beneficial
- Experience with implementing various networking protocols is highly beneficial.
- Prior exposure to MATLAB, video transport/encoding, or machine learning is of interest, but does not offset the above requirements
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Designing, implementing and testing software across several domains, including:
- Vehicle control laws
- Sensor and payload integration
- Multi-vehicle mission planning and execution
- Integration into existing command and control systems
- Implementation of software conformant to requirements specified through customer documentation
- Development and specification of test methodologies up to and including flight readiness
- On-site flight test support for newly implemented systems
- Development, integration, design, and extension of communications protocols
- Formal specification, diagram, and defense of design and software architecture
- Authorship and maintenance of relevant documentation
- Ongoing communication with project leadership
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
Eligibility Dispositions: U.S. Person Status is required as this position needs to access controlled data.