Area-I, Inc. is a metro-Atlanta-based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
Working as a firmware developer at Area-I, you will be an integral team member focused on developing future software products for unmanned aerial vehicles and stores management solutions. This position will involve close interaction with the hardware team during the design, testing, and production of new and existing products. The person in this position will work as part of a team to develop software capabilities for multiple mission requirements including aircraft control, payload sensor integration and auxiliary system capabilities. We are looking for candidates willing to work in teams with a wide array of responsibilities and flexibility within a multi-disciplinary group.
Ability to immediately obtain a U.S. Secret-Level or greater Security Clearance.
Applications that do not specifically state citizenship status will NOT be reviewed.
- Use sound software engineering principles to ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, and fault tolerant.
- Code and test software based upon software specifications
- Support software development using formal specifications, data flow diagrams and other accepted design techniques
- Provide status reports and support documentation
- Become a shared resource and subject matter expert for the larger team of software developers
- Work with program managers to identify requirements and deliver products that meet those requirements on schedule for highly visible corporate initiatives.
- Perform code reviews and continue to advance the quality and control with CI/CD strategies.
- Demonstrated skills in technical areas including technical software development support for writing, testing and troubleshooting computer code in accordance with accepted design techniques
- C/C++ experience required
- Familiarity with ARM Cortex M3/M4, Freescale chipsets and MCUXpresso IDE desired
Area-I, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.