Area-I, Inc. is a small business doing big things! Our background comes from research and development of unmanned aerial systems, while our future is moving into the manufacturing and production of these developed systems. Located just off Barrett Parkway in Kennesaw, Georgia, we offer climate-controlled work environment and exciting subject matter. This highly motivated company is seeking humble, hard-working, and intelligent individuals that want to join our manufacturing team. Opportunity for advancement is growing by the day, apply now.
The electrical engineering technician will be responsible for learning and executing electronic assembly processes necessary to manufacture a quality product in a timely manner, as well as assisting electrical engineering team with various day to day activities.
Requirements And Responsibilities
- 3- 5 years working in manufacturing setting (aerospace, electronics, or medical industry preferred)
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, email, etc.)
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Willing to work overtime under tight deadlines
- Must be a team player / maintain positive attitude
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Ability to multitask with little supervision
- Must have a reliable method of transportation
- Clean background check/ no felonies/ able to acquire secret clearance
- Must be proficient in soldering with small components (will be tested soldering 0402 components)
- Experience with Quality Assurance documentation
- Ability to follow checklists and procedures for devices under test
- Cable harness fabrication/ assembly
- Experience loading firmware/ software on embedded systems
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience assembling small mechanical /electrical assemblies
- Experience using various measuring tools (e.g. tape measure, caliper, etc.)
- Experience using small power tools (drill, Dremel, sander, etc.)
- Technical or Associates degree in related electrical/computer engineering a plus
- Electronics manufacturing industry experience a plus
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer.