Area-I, an Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation and review of cost proposal estimates and requirements for new and existing projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- A proven history working in a financial and/or accounting position
- At least 2 years of directly related experience in Industry and Federal government pricing
- Must be familiar with CPFF, FFP, FPLOE and T&M type contracts/subcontracts.
- Must be proficient in Word and PowerPoint and highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Experienced in the government contracting FAR clauses and regulations
- A strong working knowledge of US Government contracting including FAR/ DFARs experience.
- Knowledge and experience working with DCAA and DCMA is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of the full lifecycle of Government contracts/subcontracts from initial award through contract closeout is preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance
- Work with the contracts and program management teams to respond to proposal requests from the U.S. Government and commercial customers.
- Responsible for production of detailed cost estimates/price proposals, including cost models/templates, and pricing rationale in accordance with solicitation instructions, corporate policies, and FAR.
- Utilize quantitative and mathematical skills to provide effective financial modeling.
- Utilize Microsoft excel for developing price volumes.
- Maintain complete files to include required supporting documentation
- Review and edit proposal documents, to include Basis of Estimates (BOEs) and engineering estimates.
- Perform reviews of proposals priced by other pricing analysts for quality assurance purposes
- Coordinate with the technical and program management teams on proposal documents.
- Participate in the bid process by reviewing terms/conditions and identifying any onerous language or contract risks and propose solutions for approval to the management team.
- Effectively negotiate contracts to obtain the best prices and most favorable terms and conditions for follow-on requirements.
- Lead proposal development efforts, to include kick-off meetings and Government proposal review meetings
- Monitors, tracks, and documents contract financial performance and delivery status. Determines the need for contract amendments or extensions and when customer directed changes are out-of-scope.
- Compiles and analyzes data and maintains historical information.
- Maintain proposal files and records.
- Update and maintain proposal tracking metrics.
- Oversee and prepare contract proposal planning and administration.
- Provide other administrative duties and support as assigned.
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer. Area-I does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.