Area-I, an Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
As a Cost Accountant you will be responsible for the cost accounting function and inventory management for Area-I. This position will report directly to the CFO. A successful candidate will be someone who enjoys getting out on the factory floor, as well as spending time with the production and engineering staff, in order to learn how the product is made. This position is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining accurate costing of raw materials, WIP, & finished goods within the company’s ERP system. This includes setting standard costs, assisting in the creation of part numbers and BOMs, and monitoring actual performance against the standard. Additionally, this position will be heavily involved in month-end close and preparing journal entries.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop the company’s cost accounting policies and procedures.
- Responsible for implementing cost accounting functions within the company’s ERP system.
- Set up processes to accurately capture raw materials, WIP, finished goods, and overhead costs.
- Collaborate with production, engineering, and quality to set up costing, tracking, BOMs, part numbering, etc. within the company’s ERP system.
- Monitor actual performance against standard and analyze trends in cost variances, production volumes, and material usage and implement timely adjustments.
- Develop methods for reporting manufacturing costs, variances, and margin analysis for decision making purposes.
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs.
- Develop and coordinate inventory counting program.
- Establish internal controls related to cost accounting, manufacturing, and inventory.
- Analyze, investigate, and make proper conclusions of unusual inventory activity or inconsistencies.
- Prepare and recording the cost accounting month-end close entries and preparing reconciliations.
- Collaborate with other department managers in reporting and reviewing various trends and key performance indicators.
- Continually improve all facets of cost accounting, inventory control, variance analysis, gross margin analysis, forecasting & system improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant preferred
- In depth knowledge of cost accounting theory and methodology
- 5+ years’ experience in a cost accounting working in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient with automated accounting systems and spreadsheet applications
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, and top management
- Ability to prepare detailed reports, graphs and presentations
- Sound leadership, analytical problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Very high level of accuracy and attention to detail coupled with excellent follow through capabilities
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance.
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer. Area-I does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.