Area-I, an Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- 1- 2 years working in manufacturing setting (aerospace, electronics, or medical industry preferred)
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, email, etc.)
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Willing to work overtime under tight deadlines
- Must be a team player / maintain positive attitude
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Ability to be on your feet throughout the day
- Ability to multitask with little supervision
- Reliable method of transportation
- Clean background check/ no felonies/ able to acquire government clearance if required
- Must be proficient in soldering for larger (6-10 AGW) cables
- Proficient with hand tools i.e., screwdrivers, wire stripper, nut drivers, machinist taps, etc.
- Experience with crimping and/or wire harness fabrication
- Experience assembling small mechanical and/or electrical assemblies
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance
- Maintain safety of your area by following handling procedures
- Request inventory for upcoming build cycles based on product delivery schedule
- Assemble battery packs according to our internally developed processes using manufacturing aids and jigs
- Operate CNC welder, along with maintenance of the equipment
- Perform required system acceptance tests
- Record and maintain quality control data for each serialized assembly
- Technical or Associates degree in related electrical/computer engineering a plus
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Electronics CNC Assembly experience desired
- Experience using various measuring tools (e.g. tape measure, caliper, micrometer, etc.)
- Experience using small power tools (drill, Dremel, sander, etc.)
- Electronics design experience a plus
- Understanding of basic electronic theory (Series/Parallel Circuits, Voltage, Resistance, Current, etc.)
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer. Area-I does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.