Area-I, Inc., An Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The electrical engineering technician will be responsible for learning and executing electronic assembly processes necessary to manufacture a quality product in a timely manner, as well as assisting the electrical engineering team with various day to day activities
- 3- 5 years working in manufacturing setting (aerospace, electronics, or medical industry preferred)
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, email, etc.)
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Willing to work overtime under tight deadlines
- Must be a team player / maintain positive attitude
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Ability to multitask with little supervision
- Must be proficient in soldering with small components (will be tested soldering 0402 components)
- Experience with Quality Assurance documentation
- Ability to follow checklists and procedures for devices under test
- Cable harness fabrication/ assembly
- Experience loading firmware/ software on embedded systems
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience assembling small mechanical /electrical assemblies
- Experience using various measuring tools (e.g. tape measure, caliper, etc.)
- Experience using small power tools (drill, Dremel, sander, etc.)
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
- Technical or Associates degree in related electrical/computer engineering a plus
- Electronics manufacturing industry experience a plus
Area-I is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!