Area-I, an Anduril company, is a Metro-Atlanta-based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The airframe design engineer position is responsible for the physical design of Area-I unmanned aircraft and related hardware systems. The airframe design engineer works closely and iteratively with an aircraft design to team optimize system designs to maximize performance against desired performance metrics. This work may include composite fuselage or flight surface design, internal structural components, drivetrain systems, or payloads. The airframe design engineer is involved in all levels of product maturity, from initial concept, prototyping, flight testing, and manufacturing.
- BS in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical engineering, or related field
- 4+ years relevant industry experience
- 3D Design and FEA experience (Solidworks desired)
- Composites fabrication experience
- Experience with common hand tools
- Familiarity with machine shop tools such as a lathe, mill, etc.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Component design and prototyping
- System and sub-system design, modeling, and prototyping
- Structural analysis with hand calculation and FEA analysis
- Design for manufacturing and production
- Production drawings applying and interpreting Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Provide status reports and support documentation
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!