Area-I, an Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta-based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Aircraft Systems Design Engineer is responsible for understanding the interactions between the aircraft subsystems to participate in aircraft system design cycles and testing. This role involves embedding with project engineering teams to provide subject matter expertise to design impacts on the entire aircraft system and for the testing and implementation of new subsystems. This position is expected to be very hands-on with design cycles from concept through bench testing and flight testing.
- BS in Aerospace Engineering, Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical engineering, or related background
- Strong understanding of software and avionics components and their interactions
- Familiarity with networking and communications (ethernet, serial, CAN)
- Able to read and understand PCB schematics.
- Understand RF systems
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Exp. acting as a resource and subject matter expert for aircraft program engineering teams
- Exp. designing and testing new hardware and software aircraft systems
- Exp. validating new sensor implementations
- Exp. defining firmware requirements and testing new firmware releases
- Exp. identifying new technology, hardware, or software to improve Area-I aircraft systems
- Exp. w/ flight test engineering, data collection, experiment design, data processing
- Exp. w/ root cause analysis
- Exp. Maintain design documentation.
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!