Area-I, an Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Accounts Payable Specialist supports the Accounting department in fulfilling the responsibilities of the department and the overall goals of the organization. The position must have a good understanding of all aspects of accounts payable. Routine responsibilities include but are not limited to: Manual entry of invoices and financial transactions, reviewing invoices submitted for payment, performing check runs and coordinating check signature and distribution, managing the credit card and expense reporting processes, performing assigned month end closing duties, and performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- 1-5 years relevant experience in accounting or related field.
- Strong understanding of General Ledger system and Accounts Payable processing.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and recording skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow up on pending issues.
- Ability to manage high volume invoice entry with accuracy.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel/ Word/ and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Previous ERP system experience is preferred (Deltek/SAP/Oracle)
- Manual entry of invoices, expense reports, credit card transactions, etc., with correct GL codes to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Ensuring the accuracy of vendor, remit address, charge codes, accounts, amounts, and taxes when processing invoices.
- Ensuring compliance with Area-I policy during invoice processing and approval.
- Responsibility for the Company’s expense reporting process, to include training new employees and ensuring adherence to Company policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, approving, and processing expense reports.
- Processing incoming physical and electronic mail.
- Performing check runs and coordinating signatures on checks. Upon completion, also distributing checks.
- Maintaining vendor information including leases, agreements, W-9s.
- Identifying, investigating, and following up on supplier accounts by reconciling monthly statements.
- Responding to vendor inquiries.
- Continuously reviewing the AP aging report. Managing outstanding invoices such that payments are timely.
- Investigating and resolving problems associated with processing of invoices and payments.
- Processing payment of corporate credit cards and statement reconciliation.
- Assisting with internal and external audit requests.
- Maintaining organized and up to date filing system.
Area-I is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!