WHAT YOU’LL DO
This position will involve working in a team environment on the design and manufacturing methods of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and launch systems. Area-I is particularly interested in candidates with extra-curricular and practical experience. Area-I is currently reviewing Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Industrial Engineering, and/or otherwise qualified student candidates who are available for full-time internship positions for Summer 2022.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
- Related extracurricular activities
- Work with process engineers and production personnel to streamline production flow
- Provide engineering support to the production team to resolve issues and non-conformances
- Develop automated systems to support production
- Generate production drawings applying and interpreting Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Hands-on prototyping with 3D printing, machining, composite layups, and more
- Develop experimental setups and collect data to inform design decisions
- Design refinement for manufacturing and assembly
- Design documentation & test reports
- Experience programming microcontrollers
- 3D CAD design and engineering drawings
- Machining, 3D printing, hand-tools experience
- Composites fabrication experience
- Experience with proper storage, handling, and deployment of lithium-Ion batteries
- Experience with development and production of lithium-Ion battery packs
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working within an engineering team
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer. Area-I does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.
In accordance with requirements on Anduril as a federal contractor under Executive Order 14042, new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination or exempt status prior to starting employment.